These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
- Acts 17:11

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How man came to Earth

Several years ago I ran a website called "Reflections". I accepted Christ as my savior many years ago, but in many cases I was a "Christian" in name only. It wasn't until around 10-12 years ago that I really started seeking what being a Christian meant. At that time, I started doing a lot of research, and I created the Reflection website to share what I had learned. At that time I was blessed to be asked an assortment of questions by several of the visitors to my website.

Reflections has been off-line for several years now, but I came across a copy of the site I had stashed away. As I looked over the information, some of the information was definitely written from a Christian "newbie" perspective, others were pretty well researched. I thought I would share some of those here. I figure that these might help someone who is new in their faith, who are asking the same questions I had.

While running Reflections, I was asked several questions by a 9 year old and her family. I thought I would share one of her questions and my answer to her.

Do you watch scientific shows? Well I do with my dad. If you do than maybe or maybe not you've wondered which story is true about how mankind came to earth. Well that was my question.

I love Science and Science Fiction shows, but often both attempt to come up with their own ideas as to where we came from. The two most common look for ungodly reasons as to why we are on Earth:

A) Aliens – The common idea in this is that we were either planted on earth by an alien race, or that we are an experiment by aliens, or that we are somehow descended from Aliens who came to earth. Of course this doesn't answer the original question. If any of these three were true, then where did the original Aliens come from? Something (God) would have had to have created the Aliens.

B) Muck/slime/ooze – This idea suggests that we came about by random chance, that somehow after millions or billions of years nothing, some form of life randomly appeared. Then, after yet another million or billions of years pass, somehow that randomly created life managed to randomly mutate into a Professor with a PhD. Without intelligent, creative input, lifeless chemicals cannot form themselves into living things. This theory, known as spontaneous generation, was disproved by the great creationist founder of microbiology, Louis Pasteur.

The True Story of How Man came to Earth can be found in Genesis:

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
    -Genesis 1:26-27 (KJV)

On day six of creation, God made man. We were created on the same day as all the land based animals (yes, this includes dinosaurs!).

I hope that this is helpful information. If your parents allow you to access the internet, I recommend the following web sites that can help with further studies:

ChristianAnswers.Net - http://christiananswers.net

Answers in Genesis - http://www.answersingenesis.org/

The Institute for Creation Research - http://www.icr.org/

The Christian Apologetic Research Ministry - http://www.carm.org/

Creation Super Library - http://christiananswers.net/creation/

Archaeology and the Bible - http://christiananswers.net/archaeology/

As always, the first place to look is in God's word itself (the Bible).  I am honored that you have asked me these things. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

"The more I study Nature, the more I stand amazed at the work of the Creator"
    -Louis Pasteur, "The Evidence Bible" (Bridge-Logos Publishers), page 1454

No comments:

Post a Comment


Day by Day Cartoon